Friday, August 19, 2011

BlingBlade super heavy tank

This is probably one of my conversions that I am the most proud of, though a bit annoyed that technically since I have yet to finish the crew members I had planned for this tank, this remains unfinished.

Originally inspired by the so called "Fortress of Arrogance" that appeared in numerous White Drawf issues and the Acopolyse books. I had taken one look at it and was a bit disappointed since I thought they could have taken it so much more further than they did. Then when I later saw a government building in Austria(I think it was there) while watching TV, I knew how much further they should have gone.
After all, how much more of a statement can you make when you want to say "We are the Imperium! We are rough, we are tough, and we are here to break your stuff!" than with a giant golden double headed eagle on a command tank.
And of course, what more of an apporiate song than "Hell's March" is there for the Imperial Guard. They should get their own set of musicans like the old "Goff Rockers" that the Orks had back in 2nd/3rd edition. I can so see Yarrick head banging while doing the "free bird" in front of a huge column of tanks and soliders.



Any way, pretty much most of the tank was made from the main Baneblade kit, with many pieces from the cities of Death kits. A few odds and ends from others, like the weapons servitor from the throne of judgment, ork heavy shooter, and a hunter killer missile from a leman russ tank. Bits from land raiders and rhinos, also bits from the fantasy wizard were used as well.
The eagle itself were two wood elf eagles spliced together, and resculpted with green stuff. Notice the head on the left is blindfolded, which is a detail not too many pick up on.
In hindsight, I really wished that I had used magnets for the side turrets. The main turret can be rotated and removed for easy storage.

1 comment: