Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Black Legion army



This was one of a few armies I had to sell over the years, this particular one right after I had lost my job and is somewhere blazing a trail of carnage across Denmark of all places.

Originally, the base idea of this project was to build it around a Daemon Prince (Fluffy) and three 13 man squads around their own specific chaos champion.
The champions were each given their own theme, and that theme was carried out to the rest of the squad.
"Fluffy" the daemon prince was one of my largest conversion projects at the time, and was inspired by the apparent lack of imagination I see in other daemon princes that others have done. It is a big pet peeve of mine is when someone does a figure to the point that it looks indistingishable from any of the examples that GW has in their displays. Especially character models.
He started out as the metal daemon prince that was released some years ago, then with the help of my trusty dremel was chopped up and rebuilt with a full wire frame, then resculpted with putty. I am still very proud of my results with him, which made it hard to part with him (he is rampaging across PA at the moment).

No comments:

Post a Comment